2017 Marks the 125th birthday of the Covered Bridge!

 Image is property of the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History. Used with permission

Image is property of the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History. Used with permission

Construction was completed on The Felton Covered Bridge in September of 1892. For roughly 40 years, the bridge served as the main crossing of the San Lorenzo River, carrying horses, bicycles, and automobiles to and from Scotts Valley and beyond. In 1937, construction began on a new concrete bridge, which made the covered bridge obsolete. Thanks to the efforts of many dedicated individuals, the bridge has been preserved ever since.